Friday, January 22, 2010

FRIDAY, January 22, 2010

WOW, this month is just flying by. I can't believe we are fast appoaching the end of the month and will be back into family birthdays next week. I thought I had a huge breather but NOT. First one is next week our son Greg and then three days later our granddaughter Cristina. Where does the time go.

Well I've been working on a couple of things in two different mediums. The first one is a soft pastel one just the preliminary work. Am doing it on a beige colored Mi Tientes pastel paper to give my fingertips a rest from the sandpaper one. Don't really know what I'm doing on this so I'm just punting as they say and we'll see how it turns out.



Then I'm working on a watercolor iris painting, photo from Susanfx (thank you) from a Friday Foto challenge on a watercolor web site that I'm on. I forgot to say that the daffies above are from a photo also from the same site different photographer Lil (thank you).

This paper I'm using is Fabriano 140#CP, 9 1/2 x 12 1/2, can't say I like it much but have a lot of pads of this. I find it doesn't blend as well as Arches which I love. Also water seems to soak in a lot quicker, it dries quicker so more difficult to do the wet-in-wet technique which helps give the lovely blending of watercolors. I love irises and have tons of my own photos of them so I think I will continue doing different paintings in different mediums. I'm only a short way through doing this but want to keep on putting up my progress to help keep me on track.



Need to get busy working on this before going to the gym for my swim class.

No comments:

Post a Comment