Monday, October 26, 2015

BACK TO PAINTING FINALLY

It has been a couple of years since I have posted, health issues, family issues, life getting in way.  Am not apologizing just stating a fact and am so pleased to have started painting again.

I began back with watercolor on a couple of challenges.

This first was from a childhood friend of the Buckingham family, Marc, from a photo I took in France.  Just kind of shows his roguish character.


Next I worked on a little girl from a workshop I took last summer in Florida with a teacher Stephie Butler but never finished it.  Well, I jumped in and finished it.  Parts I really like, many parts I don't but I finished it the best I could with the satisfaction of learning some techniques.





Am working on another watercolor , a tiger, but have put it aside as I registered for an e-class in alcohol inks with Alexis Bonavitacola as teacher.  I am so pleased and am learning so many things in this class.  Alexis is a great teacher and she not only is showing techniques but giving us inspiration talks,music, things to ponder about ourselves and of course the techniques of AI.

I am taking this at my own pace but am painting or reading each day.  Below are a few of my works so far.






And a few more






I will try and add more paintings as I complete them. 

I must say this medium is fun and exciting, has a mind of its own but one can create wonderful abstracts with it and expressive flowers and landscapes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment