Friday, October 28, 2011

Last week in October

Well starting working again on the crystal that we started with Mollie's demo at SPLASH in Florida in August.  It is something I have never done but I do find that once I get into it, it can be very soothing and relaxing.  It is something that I will be working on for awhile and then walking away when I get too lost in where I am going with it.  Here is where I am now.  I worked on it a bit yesterday on it and will also work on it today.

I worked on the background and foreground intensifying some of the colors and then started working on the left side with some colors.  I am finding that I pick a color and then kind of go around the outer edges or wherever I see it and add like the pale red for example.  Mollie said to leave the facets in the front for now so am following her instruction.

Here is a close up of some of the little bits that I have added.


Then for fun I started a different glass.  This is from a photograph that I took of this delicious looking appletini that Deb ordered our last night at Indian Beach.  It was a really cool place to eat and drink and then go outside on the patio and dance to a Motown band.  Hadn't done something like this is a long time and it was so so much fun.  Watching our friend, Cindi, let her hair down so to speak and doing line dancing which I could not catch on to but I had no problem with the rocking kind of dancing.  It was so  so much fun and I paid dearly for it later on that night with a very sore back but it was worth it.

I digress as usual and so I want to share the beginnings of the appletini painting.

Don't know how I am going to get in the bubbles and spray thingies but I will figure out something.

I'm off to paint. 


No comments:

Post a Comment