Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012

Well, I'm doing okay so far this year.  I am trying to do a little 15 minute sketch every day, only started this week.  It is supposed to be of things around the house or plein aire.  Well it's too cold for outside right now, that will come later but I will try all kinds of different things.  Here are my first two.



Need to do mine for today.

Another thing I was working on was smushing.  Don't you love that word?  My roomie from a get together last summer who also gave several wonderful demos, shows us different things on our Painting Friends site.  The latest is smushing.  You kind of move the paint around after applying on dry paper adding water and smushing it so it blends.  It is a kind of fun way to do this.  We worked on pears.  I wasn't very happy with mine at first so I sent it to Mollie and asked for advice which she gave willing and cheerfully.  I took much of her advice and here you can see the before and after using her advice.





I guess I'm just too impatient and in a hurry to finish something.  I find though having another's eye on what you are painting is extremely helpful.

Well, I'm off to find something to draw for today's sketch.  Keep your brushes wet!

No comments:

Post a Comment