Friday, January 6, 2012

JANUARY 6, 2012


Making all kinds of resolutions to myself including doing something art related every day preferably putting paint to paper but maybe just some drawing practice which I desperately need since I don't draw well or watching DVD watercolor demos. 

 I finally finished a painting I started for the December challenge for the PF site which was an entire rose.  I changed it up by cropping it, just because and used unusual colors for me.  Only used 4 colors mixing bluish purple with cobalt blue and a red (not sure but a bright red) produced a lovely violet with enough water added.  Then I mixed a peachy color with gamboge and the same red.  I was fairly pleased with the results.  At least I have been working on this since the beginning of the year to finish it.  Size is 11 x 15 on a paper that I'm not sure what it was.   Still love my Arches paper but happen to have this piece of paper so used it.

Thanks for looking.  I hope to be more productive this year.  Have lots of ideas not just need to put them to paper.

1 comment: